An Aboriginal engraving site on one of the huge rock platforms below Mount Murray Anderson. Campbell documented this site in 1898, describing it as “two kangaroos and two wallabies, depicted in an unusually energetic manner”.
MCarthy later described the site as a “file of four leaping kangaroos” fleeing from hunters (rather than two wallabies and two kangarooes). There’s a little poetic licence in the description, as one solitary roo is carved about 20m away from the other three.
Three of the kangaroos (or wallabies) are positioned head to tail, as if fleeing in a procession.
All four kangaroos are lightly cut, but the grooves still very distinct – perhaps because the sandstone is very hard.