The second-highest trig station in Sydney’s north (after Willunga), Millicent was designated as a “first class” trig station when constructed in 1883. Today little remains of the original trig, other than a pile of stones from the cairn, with the rusted vane lying nearby. The trig station is between the Pacific Highway and Pacific Motorway, in thick scrub which means there are no longer any views.
A replacement trig (built in 1974) is in good condition, with its concrete base intact.
Getting to Millicent Trig
Park on the wide shoulder of the (old) Pacific Highway near an electricity substation, about one kilometre north of Cowan. Cross the road and follow a service trail that goes up the hill. There’s no longer a track to the trig, so the last 50m is a bush-bash through light scrub.