On the eastern side of Taffys Rock (a “mountain” which was originally called “The Lookout”) are forty four mundoes, or Aboriginal engravings of footprints.
The footprints are in a continuous line for a distance of fifty metres, skirting round the summit in a direction with the course of the sun.
Their sizes vary from ten to twelve inches in length, and from four to five and a half inches in width. Some have visible toe-prints, but many of the mundoes were described as “almost weathered away” in 1899, and are now even harder to see.
The mundoes may represent “the tracks of a spiritual ancestor”. Many decades after W.D. Campbell’s original recording of the site (in 1899), McCarthy recorded an additional figure in 1960 which was thought to be a basket – but he noted that it may have been carved by Europeans. If the basket is authentic, than an alternate interpretation of the site is that it represents th etrack and basket of a spirit woman.