Ironically, while there is no trace of the orginal Lucy Trig Station, it’s one of the only original trig stations in this area to have a detailed interpretive sign. The original trig was constructed in 1882, and consisted of a stone cairn, post and disc. In 1891 the government gazetted an area of three acres around the trig as Trigonometric Reserve No. 13316. This area is now Hunt Reserve.
In August 1973 the stone cairn was demolished, and the underlying brass plug was covered with a cast iron box, which is still there today. While also recognised as Permanent Survey Mark (PM) 1250, Lucy Trig is still reognised as a trig station.
Getting to Lucy Trig
The trig station (or survey plug) is in the middle ot Hunt Reserve, which is on the corner of Pacific Highway and Beryl Avenue in on Mount Colah.