Summary: A partly damaged Aboriginal engraving of a fish, along the track to Taffys Rock.

On the ridge near the Cole Trig station is an Aboriginal engraving of a fish, described initially by W.D. Campbell in 1899 as a skate (stingray), and later by McCarthy as a flathead fish. The figure has been slightly exfoliated, with a section of its head missing.

AWAT2653 LR Cole Trig Fish
Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to Hiking the World, and receive notifications of new posts by email. (A hike is added every 1-2 weeks, on average.)

Join 1,127 other subscribers


Leave a Reply

Aboriginal Sites by National Park

Yengo National Park was an important spiritual and cultural place for the Darkinjung and Wonnarua People for thousands of years, and 640 Aboriginal cultural sites are recorded in the park and nearby areas.
There are about 300 recorded Aboriginal heritage sites in Wollemi National Park, with the rugged and remote environment meaning many sites are yet to be "discovered" and recorde.
Over a hundred Aboriginal sites have been recorded in the Hornsby region, with many of these in the Berowra Valley National Park and around the suburb of Berowra.